Chicago-based Golub & Company LLC and its affiliates are active internationally in real estate development, acquisitions, asset and property management, leasing and corporate real estate services. The Company has developed, owned or managed more than 50 million square feet of properties valued in excess of $10 billion.
Tribune Tower is a 737,375-square-foot office tower built in 1925 and located in the heart of Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. The property is undergoing a significant mixed-use redevelopment and we are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to implement and manage all aspects of the development, from the earliest visioning stages through completion. Essential duties include:
- Coordinates review and input from partner agencies and internal departments at various milestones and appropriately influences the development process.
- Manages project documentation tasks including the preparation of RFPs, legal due diligence processes, processing of construction draws, green building certification processes, and building documentation for successful turnover.
- Evaluates and helps secure zoning and other local government entitlements required for development.
- Provides logistical and administrative support to team including managing events such as design meetings and preparing presentation materials.
- Participates in the design process with project lead, architect, general contractor, and other key stakeholders.
- Reviews and provides analysis of architectural drawings, structural systems, mechanical systems, specifications and construction cost items.
- Participates and contributes to ongoing development scheduling and construction phase scheduling.
- Supports construction administration activities including monitoring construction progress and quality, administering the development budget and coordinating contractor payments.
- Manages the project closeout process including final punchlist completion, as-built documentation, and transition to operations team through warranty period.
- Works closely with other members of project team and external partners including government officials, architects, contractors and consultants. Manages external contractors and service providers.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 5-10 years of professional experience in real estate development, urban planning, or related field. Experience in preparation of design and engineering documentation, systems analysis, value engineering, scheduling, managing construction draw processes and LEED professional accreditation also preferred.